Friday, July 18, 2014

Life In Scarborough: Guy On Bus, Muttering Obscenities

So I'm riding a bus home through Eastern Scarborough, and I hear this guy behind me talking shit. Weird, obscene stuff.  And it goes on and on and on, the whole bus ride, in halting English, and it keeps circling back to the same few phrases again and again: "This young girl, she let me squeeze her _____ and her ____".  But he always got mumbling when he was about to specify the precise bits of female anatomy being squeezed, so I never  heard which ones he was referencing.  For awhile I thought he might be a new immigrant learning English from an x-rated phrase book.  But when I exited the bus I got a good look at him, and he was just some middle aged white guy with a  mesh-back cap and dark glasses, and he was just talking to himself as he stared out the window.  Other than the fact that he was picking his nose shamelessly--right index finger, jammed right up--he could have been anybody.  Maybe even a pharmacist.

No comments: